Saturday, December 16, 2006

Plymouth Liberty Network and Pistol Permit

We had a nice little meeting of the Plymouth Liberty Network last night. The numbers weren't as high as the first meeting, but it was a good time and we still got some ideas floating around. I gave my pitch about the NH Liberty Alliance and Toastmasters. I recommend anyone that is interested in pro-liberty politics to check out the NHLA. Also, anyone that wishes to improve their public speaking should go to the Toastmasters website and search for a local group; it's a great way to improve your confidence and quality of speaking.

In addition to a wonderful meeting, I applied for my concealed carry permit yesterday. New Hampshire is a "shall-issue" state; they are required to give me a permit to carry a concealed handgun (barring that I am not a convicted felon, a domestic abuser, or mentally unsound) . The police department has 14 days from the time I handed in the application to either approve or deny it. Given that I am not a felon, domestic abuser, or mentally unsound (at least I think I'm not) I should be able to start packin' heat within two weeks. Now the only problem is I don't have a gun. I guess I'll have to work on that.

In Libertate,
Tyler

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Tyler. It's a good thing to be able to carry.

Be sure to get to a good range though and make sure you have taken a good class in gun safety too. It's very important to know the basics of gun safety if you are going to carry (I'm assuming you don't, my apologies if you already do).

Yes, it's also great that NH is so much better than MA in that regard. Remind me to tell you my stories of dealing with the Boston police department on gun licenses. Ugh. MA is "may issue" and the Boston PD is as bad as they come.

So celebrate the freedom you have in NH. :)

Anonymous said...

BTW, Tyler, please join us at www.northeastshooters.com. It's a great gun community and there's a lot of people from NH, MA, etc. there.